[openstack-dev] JSON Hyper-Schema

Mac Innes, Kiall kiall at hp.com
Fri Jun 14 00:58:01 UTC 2013

On 14/06/13 01:26, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> I'm glad to hear you're using it!
>
> I'm interested in allowing client APIs to be almost completely
> auto-generated from the schemas. Do you think that JSON Schema /
> Hyper-Schema is rich enough to support this, given a schema that's
> defined strictly enough?

Absolutely - JSON-Schema is designed to be extended at will, I've
personally worked on project where we built up some really complex data
entry UI's based entirely on JSON-Schema.

Given a few extra schema properties, a CLI could easily be generated on
the fly based on schemas downloaded and cached from API itself.

I might try find an hour or two over the weekend to knock up an example :)

Thanks,
Kiall