[openstack-dev] code changes feedback

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Jun 12 19:18:11 UTC 2013

On 13 June 2013 06:02, Pecoraro, Alex <Alex.Pecoraro at emc.com> wrote:
...> Also, I’m not sure if I created the patch file correctly, it seems to show
> every change that I’ve committed rather than just my most recent changes
> (this is my first time using git). I’ve been committing locally and then
> pulling in changes from the origin/source as I go in order to lessen the
> chance of conflicts. Hopefully that’s not too confusing.

Hi, no comment on the swift changes, I don't know the code base well enough.

On the git side, gerrit is designed to consider 'one commit, one thing
to review'. So you need to rebase your changes, *not* merge.

e.g.
git fetch origin
git rebase -i origin/master
and then reorder and squash things until you have the logic changes
you intend to put forward.

-Rob
--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>