[openstack-dev] headsup - tripleo heat templates now on stackforge

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Wed Jun 12 13:14:58 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 03:22:00PM +1200, Robert Collins wrote:
> https://github.com/stackforge/tripleo-heat-templates has the templates
> for bringing up OpenStack w/TripleO.

Awesome, very interesting, thanks for sharing! :)

Can you provide, or direct me to, any description of your usage of the
Metadata section for instances, e.g stuff like:

OpenStack::Role: stateful
OpenStack::ImageBuilder::Elements: [ heat-api, heat-engine ]

I know you have some alternate in-instance agents which replace
heat-cfntools, but I'd really like more detail to fully understand how it
all fits together.  In particular, I'm intrigued by the stateful role?

Thanks!

Steve