[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Question Regarding Volume Backups

Mulcahy, Stephen stephen.mulcahy at hp.com
Tue Jun 11 14:03:48 UTC 2013

Hi Poulus,

Have you enabled the cinder-backup service in your localrc? It doesn't start by default. My localrc looks like the following,

ENABLED_SERVICES=${ENABLED_SERVICES},c-bak,swift,swift3
SWIFT_REPLICAS=3

Can you verify that swift works? i.e. do 'swift stat' and 'swift list' work without error?

If c-bak is already enabled, can you paste its output for your backup request? Are there any obvious errors?

Thanks,

-stephen

--
Stephen Mulcahy   Systems/Software Engineer   HP Cloud Services
Postal Address: Hewlett Packard Galway Ltd, Ballybrit Business Park, Galway