[openstack-dev] Deleted Instance Cleanup Errors

McNally, Dave (HP Cloud Services) dave.mcnally at hp.com
Tue Jun 11 12:16:32 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've been trying to test nova's cleanup of instances marked as deleted in the database which are still running on the hypervisor and it doesn't work for me.

I've set running_deleted_instance_action to 'reap' and the correct code attempts to execute (_cleanup_running_deleted_instances in the compute manager) but there is then a key error thrown from nova.compute.flavors: extract_instance_type which looks to be due to the instance object being retrieved from the database not containing all the required information, I think because it restricts the query to the instances table only.

I've had a look through the open bugs in Launchpad and I can't find anything related and from my reading of the issue it looks like this functionality could never work so I'm curious to find out if anyone else has come across this or if I'm missing something before I raise a bug.

Anyone else experience this?

Regards,
Dave