[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Unit tests run time

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Fri Jun 7 15:25:21 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-06-07 at 16:55 +0400, Eugene Nikanorov wrote:
> It's not stable in my case.
> Rebooting VM brought test run time back to 900 sec with tox -e py27

Have you checked how much memory gets used by the test suite?  When I've
had test runs take long periods of time, I've discovered that it's due
to heavy swapping, due to memory leaks in whatever test suite I was
running at the time, and I did report a bug on the quantum test suite
leaking memory like a sieve.  (Though that report was long ago, and I
think that specific issue was fixed…)
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>