[openstack-dev] New hypervisor to manage LXC containers on Nova with Docker

Sam Alba sam.alba at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 17:33:12 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I work for dotCloud and I wanted to share our recent work on Nova[1].
We've been using LXC containers on our PaaS product for more than 2
years now and we recently released the Docker project[2] that you may
have heard about already.

We also wrote a blog post[3] to explain the work we did and how the
Glance can make the glue between Nova and Docker's remote Images

The code is still pretty raw but I hope it'll be just the beginning,
I'd be glad to get feedback from anyone interested.

[1] Nova driver: https://github.com/dotcloud/openstack-docker
[2] Docker website: http://www.docker.io/
[3] Blog post: http://blog.docker.io/2013/06/openstack-docker-manage-linux-containers-with-nova/

--