[openstack-dev] TC membership evolution to All-directly-elected model

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jun 6 13:13:36 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-06 12:24:13 +0200 (+0200), Thierry Carrez wrote:
[...]
> Final detail would be how to run the transition from the current
> TC. We currently have 2 people recently-elected to a one-year term
> and 13 people elected for a six-month term[3]. As a transition,
> the idea would be to elect in the Fall 2013 election 9 people (5
> one-year member and 4 six-month members) in the case of a
> 11-member committee, or 11 people (6 one-year member and 5
> six-month members) in the case of a 13-member committee. The next
> election in Spring would then see the normal renewal of 6 (over
> 11) or 7 (over 13) members.

I'm a little curious how the Fall 2013 election will be organized
with 9 directly-elected seats when 5 are for a year and 4 are only
for six months. Are there two concurrent elections held for the
different term lengths and nominees pick to run in one election or
the other? Or is there a 9-seat election where the 5 scoring highest
get the one-year seats and those with fewer votes get the remaining
six-month seats? Something else entirely?
--
Jeremy Stanley