[openstack-dev] Configuring Quantum plugin without extensions.

Adrián Roselló Rey adrian.rosello at i2cat.net
Thu Jun 6 08:36:00 UTC 2013

Hi all!

We're trying to develop a Quantum plugin, but first of all we were
configuring a base quantum plugin to analyze the basic workflow when
creating an instance. Taking a look at the plugins functionalities, some
questions came to our mind:

We have seen that a plugin class can define the extensions it understands
(router, security-groups, etc) as explained in the QuantumDevelopmen
documentation<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/QuantumDevelopment#API_Extensions>.

1. Can we develop a plugin without extensions?

2. We have seen that, even though we declare a plugin without extensions,
the nova-compute quantum client tries to access a method exposed by the one
of the extensions (ex: /security_groups). Is there anyway to configure the
client and tell him which plugin is quantum using?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Adrián Roselló