[openstack-dev] Migration to pbr breaks setup.py install in python-quantumclient

Baldwin, Carl (HPCS Quantum) carl.baldwin at hp.com
Tue Jun 4 03:45:39 UTC 2013

In testing the python-quantumclient 2.2.2a tarball, I found that setup.py
was broken when I ran it from a fresh virtualenv.  I tried on both Ubuntu
12.04 and Mac OS with the same problem.  I ran git bisect (I love that
command) and found the commit causing it.

commit 898acc30f76b2629aa740976103b99f10801d593

    Migrate to pbr.

    Fixes bug 1179007

    Change-Id: I6d7a6b7c85361e1568719ad11035158f4f6d9b35

I reverted this commit in my sandbox to see if it would fix the problem.
It did.  After reverting setup.py install ran cleanly and the client was
useable on both Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS where I had previously had
problems.

A transcript of my console session where I encountered the error is
attached to bug #1179007.  Here is a link to the comment:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+bug/1179007/comments/30

Carl Baldwin