[openstack-dev] [Keystone] Use JSON Schemas to validate API requests data

Jarret Raim jarret.raim at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Jun 3 18:14:46 UTC 2013

On 6/3/13 10:24 AM, "Russell Bryant" <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:

>On 06/02/2013 11:09 AM, Jarret Raim wrote:
>> Both the Barbican (Key Management) and Meniscus (Logging) projects are
>> moving down the path of using jsonschema for message validation.
>
>But please take a look at WSME.  We've deprecated the home grown wsgi
>code in Oslo.  Instead, we're encouraging all projects to adopt similar
>tooling (pecan and WSME) when developing new APIs.

We aren't using the oslo stuff, we've been using Falcon up until now. It
seems to me like there still isn't much consensus on the common wsgi
question. There seem to be quite a few projects who aren't going to use it
or can't use it for some reason. I'm just pulling from memory so let me
know if I've got the wrong impression. Do we have a list of which projects
are currently using Pecan? And which ones are planning on migrating?

>If there are things lacking in WSME, it would be good to know so that it
>can be improved.

>From a quick look at WSME, it seems like you still need to write
validation code (obviously) so using JSON schema to perform that
validation seems like something that could co-exist with WSME's strongly
typed request / responses. Fair?

Jarret Raim