[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Switching keystoneclient

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Mon Jun 3 09:50:31 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 03 2013, Andrew Hutchings wrote:

Hi Andrew,

> When cloud X has a certain keystoneclient handler which is different to
> the normal one the standard way of switching it out is using
> paste.app_factory.  Ceilometer uses Pecan which doesn't use Paste so is
> there a way to do this?
>
> I'm currently working on Libra's (an LBaaS solution) API server which
> uses Pecan, I've made an acl.py which dynamically loads the keystone
> part but there may well be a better solution out there.

You're talking about the auth_keystone middleware I presume?
This is how we do it in Ceilometer too. There's no better way as far as
I can tell. If you want to make it optional, you can just intercept the
ImportError, log it and deal with the absence.

Is there any other issue you have?

--
Julien Danjou
-- Free Software hacker - freelance consultant