[openstack-dev] [glance] Image client service tools

Ghe Rivero ghe at debian.org
Sun Jun 2 18:27:35 UTC 2013

Hi Mark and all,
    as you pointed out, the idea is to get rid of all the wrappers in
nova/cinder and move the features onto glanceclient. Glanceclient is more
http oriented, while these wrappers help you to use glanceclient on an
upper level (using a context for connection auth, you get a dict for the
image metadata, instead of a json on a http header...).

So my plan is:
1/ move those features to glanceclient,
2/ Use this new glanceclient on ironic as a proof of concept.
3/ Remove the wrappers on nova and cinder and use glanceclient directly
4/ Start working on glanceclient for new features, improvements once the
base code is the same on all the projects.

Being this a big change, although most of the code should be the same, time
is important, so my idea is to have 1 and 2 on a couple of weeks, and 3
before havana-2.