[openstack-dev] Propose BP for Common Heartbeat Driver

Alex Glikson GLIKSON at il.ibm.com
Sun Jun 2 16:41:37 UTC 2013

If the goal is heartbeat of OpenStack services (such as nova-compute,
cinder-volume, etc) -- then servicegroup is designed to do exactly that
(for historical reasons the name is a bit more generic -- implying that it
can eventually support additional group communication functions for
services). Is there anything in particular you see missing in it?
BTW, a more generic heartbeat abstraction might be useful for scenarios
like VM HA, where in addition to monitoring individual services it could
make sense to monitor the liveness of physical nodes in a more holistic
way (e.g., think of Linux-HA heartbeat/coresync as a backend driver).

Regards,
Alex