[openstack-dev] [glance] Image client service tools

lzy.dev at gmail.com lzy.dev at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 12:20:10 UTC 2013

Ghe Rivero,

IFY: I have a plan to enhance image preparing handling for nova and
complete use-case has been described in follow like, the change is
based on current image handling code within nova but also be
independent.
https://etherpad.openstack.org/linked-template-image

IMO: Currently I have no concern about your code moving/refactoring
plan, my changes are base on those existed image related code within
nova, so if you finish the change before main, I can just correct
those bottom calls by package reference/importing path changing
easily.

BTW: I personally think maybe we move those code to glanceclient
firstly then to move to Oslo is better. After I finish the change,
maybe we need move the image preparing enhancement code to the lib as
the 'common' code also in future, since Ironic probable need that
enhanced image preparing method also, so if we move the code to
glanceclient firstly but Oslo directly can give us a choice to make
sure/verify those code can work well as we expected. After verified,
we can move those all code to Oslo and change all client side code
reference.

thanks,
Zhi Yan