[openstack-dev] Auditing Openstack

Jacob Bushman jacob at bluehost.com
Tue Jul 30 16:44:19 UTC 2013

I have been working with various corruption issues within openstack.
Issues like failed or partial provisions, quantum port / ip corruption
and database corruption.  There are several edge cases that I have run
into where the existing periodic task to clean up corruption were
inadequate for our use case.

We really needed a more unified way to query through the entire stack.
To handle this on the scale that I am working with I have developed out
of band auditing tools.

I feel something like this belongs in Openstack and would be useful to
the community.  I am wondering what other tools are available and if
this is something that is of interest.

~ Jacob