[openstack-dev] [Nova] support for multiple active scheduler policies/drivers

Alex Glikson GLIKSON at il.ibm.com
Wed Jul 24 22:18:18 UTC 2013

Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote on 24/07/2013 07:14:27 PM:

> I really like your point about not needing to set things up via a config
> file.  That's fairly limiting since you can't change it on the fly via
> the API.

True. As I pointed out in another response, the ultimate goal would be to
have policies as 'first class citizens' in Nova, including a DB table,
API, etc. Maybe even a separate policy service? But in the meantime, it
seems that the approach with config file is a reasonable compromise in
terms of usability, consistency and simplicity.

Regards,
Alex