[openstack-dev] Python 3

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Jul 24 17:24:18 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-07-24 at 09:31 -0700, Alex Gaynor wrote:
> I believe Red Hat's new "Software Collections" things address this issue,
> this is to the point which Django (which has historically used RHEL as a
> barometer for when we could drop Pythons) will drop 2.6 in our next release.

Yep, that's a very good point.

We're as keen as anyone else to get off Python 2.6 and AIUI some folks
on our team are hoping to get RDO Havana onto the 2.7 SCL from here:

  https://fedorahosted.org/SoftwareCollections/

So, assuming nothing crazy crops up, we should be getting close to a
point where dropping 2.6 support upstream would not be a big issue for
RHEL users.

Cheers,
Mark.