[openstack-dev] [keystone] Extending policy checking to include target entities

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Tue Jul 23 16:54:18 UTC 2013

When writing a previous ISO standard the approach we took was as follows

Lie to people who are not authorised.

So applying this approach to your situation, you could reply Not Found
to people who are authorised to see the object if it had existed but
does not, and Not Found to those not authorised to see it, regardless of
whether it exists or not. In this case, only those who are authorised to
see the object will get it if it exists. Those not authorised cannot
tell the difference between objects that dont exist and those that do exist

regards

David