[openstack-dev] [savanna] scalable architecture

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Jul 23 16:45:28 UTC 2013

On 07/23/2013 12:32 PM, Sergey Lukjanov wrote:
> Hi evereyone,
>
> We’ve started working on upgrading Savanna architecture in version 0.3 to make it horizontally scalable.
>
> The most part of information is in the wiki page - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Savanna/NextGenArchitecture.
>
> Additionally there are several blueprints created for this activity - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/savanna?searchtext=ng-
>
> We are looking for comments / questions / suggestions.
>
> P.S. The another thing that we’re working on in Savanna 0.3 is EDP (Elastic Data Processing).

Just did a quick look ... what's the justification for needing
savanna-conductor?

In nova, putting db access through nova-conductor was to remove direct
db access from compute nodes, since they are the least trusted part of
the system.  I don't see the same concern here.  Is there another reason
for this or should you just have api and engine hit the db directly?

--
Russell Bryant