[openstack-dev] [Nova] havana-3 reality check and deadlines

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Mon Jul 22 17:55:14 UTC 2013

Greetings,

havana-1: 16 blueprints implemented
havana-2: 25 blueprints implemented
havana-3: currently 96 blueprints targeted [1]

The number of blueprints targeted at havana-3 is completely unrealistic.
 As a result, there are number of important points and actions we need
to take:

* If you have a havana-3 blueprint, please review it and make sure the
status is accurate and that you still intend to deliver it.  If not,
please change the milestone to "next" or ping someone in nova-drivers
[2] to do it.

* Earlier in the cycle we discussed a deadline for when patches must be
submitted to make the feature freeze [3].  We also re-visited the topic
in our last Nova meeting.  This deadline is August 21 (2 weeks before
feature freeze) and it *will* be enforced.

* To nova-core: we need to do our best to prioritize our review time in
havana-3, to make sure we get the most important stuff reviewed and merged.

* To everyone, I'm sorry, but some stuff that is ready on time probably
won't make it.  That's the risk of delivering toward the end of the
development cycle.  To have the best chance, get your code up for review
*ASAP*.

* I will be regularly working on pruning this list.  Please come talk to
me if you think there is a blueprint we should discuss deferring.

Let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Thanks,

[1] https://launchpad.net/nova/+milestone/havana-3
[2] https://launchpad.net/~nova-drivers/+members#active
[3]