[openstack-dev] [Swift] erasure codes, digging deeper

Luse, Paul E paul.e.luse at intel.com
Mon Jul 22 17:10:06 UTC 2013

I think most folks are on the same page wrt EC being consider a "level" or "storage policy" as we've been discussing in other forums.  I saw the previous note on account versus container and was actually thinking it made more sense to me at least to enable billing per container as opposed to trying to shoehorn attribute of a set of data (like a storage policy) to and account so I like where you're going w/the suggestion.  I'm not even sure we need to answer the detailed question of what defines these levels, or storage policies, only that the design allows for their efficient use and flexible definitions.

Thx
Paul