[openstack-dev] The PCI support blueprint

Jiang, Yunhong yunhong.jiang at intel.com
Mon Jul 22 15:17:37 UTC 2013

Hi, Boris
	I'm a surprised that you want to postpone the PCI support (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/pci-passthrough-base) to I release. You and our team have been working on this for a long time, and the patches has been reviewed several rounds. And we have been waiting for your DB layer patch for two weeks without any update.

	Can you give more reason why it's pushed to I release? If you are out of bandwidth, we are sure to take it and push it to H release!

	Is it because you want to base your DB layer on your 'A simple way to improve nova scheduler'? That really does not make sense to me. Firstly, that proposal is still under early discussion and get several different voices already, secondly, PCI support is far more than DB layer, it includes resource tracker, scheduler filter, libvirt support enhancement etc. Even if we will change the scheduler that way after I release, we need only change the DB layer, and I don't think that's a big effort!

Thanks
--jyh