[openstack-dev] Moving task flow to conductor - concern about scale

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Jul 19 20:35:28 UTC 2013

On 19 July 2013 22:55, Day, Phil <philip.day at hp.com> wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> My idea's really pretty simple - make "DB proxy" and "Task workflow" separate services, and allow people to co-locate them if they want to.

+1, for all the reasons discussed in this thread. I was weirded out
when I saw non-DB-proxy work being put into the same service. One
additional reason that hasn't been discussed is security : the more
complex the code in the 'actually connects to the DB', the greater the
risk of someone getting direct access that shouldn't via a code bug.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist