[openstack-dev] [Infra] Channel logging enabled

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Fri Jul 19 16:54:38 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

The #openstack-infra channel has been increasing in traffic and
attention these past several months (hooray!). It finally became clear
to us that discussions happening there were often of interest to the
wider project and that we should start logging the channel.

Today we added the eavesdrop bot to our channel to do just that,
logging for all channels eavesdrop watches are available here:
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/

We'd also like to welcome other channels to log via eavesdrop if they
wish. This can be done by adding your channel to the openstack
eavesdrop puppet manifest in the openstack-infra/config project (
modules/openstack_project/manifests/eavesdrop.pp). You can see the
change where we added ours as an example:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/36773/2/
modules/openstack_project/manifests/eavesdrop.pp

http://www.princessleia.com