[openstack-dev] Moving task flow to conductor - concern about scale

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Fri Jul 19 15:19:34 UTC 2013

> I had assumed that some of the task management state would exist
> in memory. Is it all going to exist in the database?

Well, our state is tracked in the database now, so.. yeah. There's a
desire, of course, to make the state transitions as
idempotent/restartable as possible, which may mean driving some
finer-grained status details into the database. That's really
independent of the move to conductor (although doing that does take
less effort if those don't have to make an RPC trip to get there).

--Dan