[openstack-dev] [Swift] erasure codes, digging deeper

Clay Gerrard clay.gerrard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 17:52:13 UTC 2013

I'm not sure if I agree with the giving justifications (harder to bill,
confusing to users), but I *do* think it could simplify some of the
implementation (since users can't create accounts withe the "wrong" storage
policy willy nilly).

I think eventually some use cases may want mixed accounts (particularly for
COPY), but having two accounts in the interim seems like it might be a good
compromise - especially if there is indeed a reduction in complexity.

Definitely worth considering IMHO.

Good idea Chuck & Chmouel,

-clayg