[openstack-dev] [cinder] Proposal for Ollie Leahy to join cinder-core

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jul 18 07:54:33 UTC 2013

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> It is assumed that all core team members are wearing their "upstream
> hat" and aren't there merely to represent their employers interests.

Indeed, we should assume that everyone is wearing their upstream hat.
And fix it if they don't, rather than preventively establish rules to
prevent an hypothetical abuse from happening.

Core team members are not elected and don't have terms. Deciding who is
in a core team is under the PTL control. If at some point the PTL
realizes there is abuse, he can move to fix it. If the PTL himself is
part of that abuse, he should probably be voted off the island at the
next election round.

"Assume good faith. And have ways to fix it if you assumed wrong."

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)