[openstack-dev] headsup - transient test failures on py26 ' cannot import name OrderedDict'

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Jul 17 20:19:50 UTC 2013

On 07/17/2013 08:54 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> What do you mean in (b) about upstream python not supporting python 2.6?
>  From what I understand here, it's the version of testrepository being
> used that doesn't support py26, not python itself or openstack.

I believe he means that upstream python does not intend to make any
further releases of python 2.6.

> Anyone doing development or test on RHEL 6 (which doesn't have python
> 2.7) is going to have an issue with this.

Yeah. Us dropping support for 2.6 right now is not an option.

It is worth noting that it's possible we might have more and more
problems over time with libraries or tools we consume ceasing to care
about 2.6 - but thusfar we're in good shape and regularly test all of
openstack on 2.6.