[openstack-dev] [cinder] Proposal for Ollie Leahy to join cinder-core

Avishay Traeger AVISHAY at il.ibm.com
Wed Jul 17 18:19:40 UTC 2013

-1

I'm sorry to do that, and it really has nothing to do with Ollie or his
work (which I appreciate very much).  The main reason is that right now
Cinder core has 8 members:
1. Avishay Traeger (IBM)
2. Duncan Thomas (HP)
3. Eric Harney (RedHat)
4. Huang Zhiteng (Intel)
5. John Griffith (SolidFire)
6. Josh Durgin (Inktank)
7. Mike Perez (DreamHost)
8. Walt Boring (HP)

Adding another core team member from HP means that 1/3 of the core team is
from HP.  I believe that we should strive to have the core team be as
diverse as possible, with as many companies as possible represented (big
and small alike).  I think that's one of the keys to keeping a project
healthy and on the right track (nothing against HP - I would say the same
for IBM or any other company).  Further, we appointed two core members
fairly recently (Walt and Eric), and I don't feel that we have a shortage
at this time.

Again, nothing personal against Ollie, Duncan, HP, or anyone else.

Thanks,
Avishay

From:	Duncan Thomas <duncan.thomas at gmail.com>
To:	"Openstack (openstack at lists.launchpad.net)