[openstack-dev] Neutron -- creating networks with no assigned tenant

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 17:15:26 UTC 2013

The way that folsom and nova + nova-network works is that you create a
bunch of unassigned (no tenant assigned to the networks) networks and
when a tenant first launches an instance, nova grabs an available
network for the tenant and assigns it to the tenant. Then each instance
the tenant spins up after that gets an IP in the specific network it was
assigned.

How can I do the same thing with Neutron? I don't want my tenants or an
admin to have to manually create a network in Neutron every time a
tenant is added.

Thanks,
-jay