[openstack-dev] Program Proposal: DevStack

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Tue Jul 16 14:07:07 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-07-15 at 14:14 -0400, Russell Bryant wrote:
> > On 07/15/2013 11:39 AM, Dean Troyer wrote:
> > > DevStack plays multiple roles in the development process for OpenStack.
> >
> > Does it really make sense to be its own program?  There was mention of
> > just making it a part of infra or QA.  QA actually makes the most sense
> > to me, since devstack's primary use case is to make it easy to test
> > OpenStack.
>
> How about if the title of the program was 'Developer Tools'?
>
> Is devstack the only project which would fall into that bucket?
>
> Cheers,
> Mark.

Due to the importance particularly for development purposes I would like to
see devstack as its own program.  It's a critical piece of OpenStack from
development to gating and I personally would be more comfortable if it was
associated as a dedicated program.

Given some of the program/project proposals quite frankly I was a bit
surprised this met any real question?

Perhaps folks could elaborate more on why it would be better for this to be
wrapped under QA for example?