[openstack-dev] [keystone] sqlite doesn't support migrations

Morgan Fainberg m at metacloud.com
Mon Jul 15 14:25:27 UTC 2013

On  2013/07/13, Stephen Gran a wrote :

> On 15/07/13 10:46, Thomas Goirand wrote:

>>> Why not just change the default for Debian?  Sqlite isn't particularly
>>> useful for actual deployments anyway.
>>>

>> Because that is the only backend that will work without providing
>> credentials on the keyboard, so it is the only one that will work in a
>> non-interactive session of apt-get (which is used for all automated
>> tests in Debian, including piuparts).
>>

> It strikes me that making the least useful option for users the default in
> order to pass a test suite is suboptimal.  I'm sure this conversation would
> be better continued off list if you're interested.

Cheers,
> --
> Stephen Gran
> Senior Systems Integrator - guardian.co.uk

I would have to agree here.  If the case for using a suboptimal solution
here is to pass tests another approach should be taken.

If this is a legitimate issue, maybe we should look at what Neutron is
doing, as they are using alembric for migrations already.

Cheers,
Morgan Fainberg

--
Sent from my iPhone (please excuse the brevity and any typos)