[openstack-dev] [Nova][Horizon] Is there precedent for validating user input on data types to APIs?

Dirk Müller dirk at dmllr.de
Mon Jul 15 00:19:53 UTC 2013

Hi Matt,

Given that the Nova API is public, this needs to be validated in the API,
otherwise the security guys are unhappy.

Of course the API shouldn't get bad data in the first place. That's a bug
in nova client. I have sent reviews for both code fixes but I've not seen
any serious reaction or approval on those for two weeks. Eventually
somebody is going to look at it, I guess.

Greetings,
Dirk