[openstack-dev] cells checks on patches

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Sun Jul 14 13:16:15 UTC 2013

On 07/13/2013 09:27 PM, Chris Behrens wrote:

> On Jul 13, 2013, at 8:28 AM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:
>
>> Like I said, as long as someone is going to work on it, I'm happy. :) I just don't want this to be an enable the tests and hope magically fairies come to fix them issue. That's what we did on full neutron tests, and it's been bouncing around like that for a while.
>>
>> We are planning on disabling the devstack exercises, it wasn't so much that, it's that it looks like there is fundamental lack of functioning nova on devstack for cells right now. The security groups stack trace is just a side effect of cells falling over in a really low level way (this is what's before and after the trace).
>>
>> 2013-07-13 00:12:18.605 ERROR nova.cells.scheduler [req-dcbb868c-98a7-4d65-94b3-e1234c50e623 demo demo] Couldn't communicate with cell 'child'
>> 2013-07-13 00:12:18.606 ERROR nova.cells.scheduler [req-dcbb868c-98a7-4d65-94b3-e1234c50e623 demo demo] Couldn't communicate with any cells
>>

> Did you dig these out manually somehow?   It looks like that unfortunately there's no screen-n-cells.txt saved in the gate, which would be extremely useful. :)  It looks like all errors must be limited to that service right now… makes me wonder if the devstack needs tweaked now for cells.

Thanks for looking into this.

I was looking at this run -
http://logs.openstack.org/36907/2/check/gate-tempest-devstack-vm-cells-full/17/
  (which was on my requirements update)

There is definitely a screen-n-cell.txt.gz in the log directory there,
which is where I got that from. We pick up all the screen-n-* files, but
you'll only see this on gate-tempest-devstack-vm-cells-full runs.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net