[openstack-dev] SQLAlchemy-migrate needs a new maintainer

Boris Pavlovic boris at pavlovic.me
Thu Jul 11 19:01:08 UTC 2013

David Ripton,

Alembic is much better and I think that it is better to extend it to
provide sqlite, then to use and try to improve sqlalchemy-migrate.

Also we are preparing old projects (Nova, Cinder and Glance) to move from
sqlalchemy-migrate to something another (e.g. alembic).
If you are interested read my email in mailing list (
http://www.mail-archive.com/openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org/msg00809.html)

So as I said in mail, there is a lot of work that should be done before
changing migrate engine. And there will be a bunch of work to switch to
something new.
Actually we are trying in moment to switch from sqlalchemy-migrate to
alembic in Ceilometer.

Best regards,
Boris Pavlovic