[openstack-dev] [Review] Use of exception for non-exceptional cases

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Jul 10 23:49:23 UTC 2013

I'd like top-post and hijack this thread for another exception related
thing:

a) Anyone writing code such as:

try:
  blah()
except SomeException:
  raise SomeOtherExceptionLeavingOutStackContextFromSomeException

should be mocked ruthlessly.

Similarly, we toss tons of exceptions into log files right now for
things that are just normal operational error conditions. We should stop
doing that.