[openstack-dev] Proposal for new Program: OpenStack Deployment

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Jul 10 01:25:06 UTC 2013

Official Title: OpenStack Deployment
PTL: Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net
Mission Statement:
  Develop and maintain tooling and infrastructure able to
  deploy OpenStack in production, using OpenStack itself wherever
  possible.

I believe everyone is familiar with us, but just in case, here is some
background: we're working on deploying OpenStack to bare metal using
OpenStack components and cloud deployment strategies - such as Heat for
service orchestration, Nova for machine provisioning Neutron for network
configuration, golden images for rapid deployment... etc etc. So far we
have straight forward deployment of bare metal clouds both without Heat (so
that we can bootstrap from nothing), and with Heat (for the bootstrapped
layer), and are working on the KVM cloud layer at the moment.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist