[openstack-dev] common requirements

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Tue Jul 9 21:54:52 UTC 2013

Hey All,

I ran into an issue with Cinder the other week and it turned out it was due
to some conflicts with keystoneclient version.

Long story short, the issue is that Cinder did the straight sync over from
the common-requirements file which placed an upper bound on
keystoneclient.  It looks like other projects haven't done this and most
don't have the upper bound set.  There are other mismatches however I was
only working on the one.

I was going to log a bug against all the projects to do a sync of
requirements and test-requirments to get us all aligned.  Before doing so I
thought I should check to see if there are known cases where the settings
in the common requirements file don't work for you currently?  I understand
that horizon for example has some upcoming requirements for keystonclient
0.3.0 so that could be a reason to update the req's file first.

Anyway if there are issues that folks already know about then I suppose the
answer is to get that fixed up first and then we can start working towards
getting all of the projects in sync.

Thoughts, agreement, disagreement etc?

Thanks,
John