[openstack-dev] Program Proposal: refstack

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue Jul 9 16:10:25 UTC 2013

On 07/09/2013 11:24 AM, Joshua McKenty wrote:
> Monty, you missed a couple of elements of the original program
> definition - the mappings from the tempest based "scorecard" to specific
> versions of the API docs, and the availability of the tested and
> verified endpoints to "tools ecosystem" developers.

Yes, great catch.

> Also, I believe the definition of "compliance" rests with the Board and
> not the TC, despite some debate as to whether we're capable of handling it.

I think it's a collaboration. I think the board owns the definition of
compliance, but I think that the TC has got to own the technical
implementation of that definition, both in the tooling but also in the
technical assessment of the results of tests. I don't think we need to
get legalistic with this yet... let's get something in front of people,
then we can battle on who gets to own looking at test result matrixes. :)

> And I'll arm-wrestle you for the PTL slot ;)

We should do that on a web-case...

> PS - for the purposes of FITS, the "candidate cloud" can be either a
> public cloud, or a test environment for private cloud software.

Yes, I believe someone would need to be able to run a copy of this
locally as well.