[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Navigation UX Enhancements - Collecting Issues

Jaromir Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Tue Jul 9 12:37:48 UTC 2013

Hi everybody,

in UX community group on G+ popped out a need for enhancing user
experience of main navigation, because there are spreading out various
issues .

There is already created a BP for this:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/navigation-enhancement

Toshi had great idea to start discussion about navigation issues on
mailing list.

So I'd like to ask all of you, if you have some issues with navigation,
what are the issues you are dealing with? I'd like to gather as much
feedback as possible, so we can design the best solution which covers
most of the cases. Issues will be listed in BP and I will try to come
out with design proposals which hopefully will help all of you.

Examples are following:
* Navigation is not scaling for more dashboards (Project, Admin, ...)
* Each dashboard might contain different hierarchy (number of levels)

What problems do you experience with navigation?

Thanks all for contributing
-- Jarda