[openstack-dev] Program description for Oslo

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Jul 9 10:11:03 UTC 2013

Hey

The mission statement is what we've been using for a while. The
"official title" is new.

  Official Title: OpenStack Common Libraries
  PTL: Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com>
  Mission Statement:
    To produce a set of python libraries containing infrastructure code
    shared by OpenStack projects. The APIs provided by these libraries
    should be high quality, stable, consistent and generally applicable.

I did consider explicitly mentioning technical debt with something like:

  Mission Statement:
    To tackle copy-and-paste technical debt in OpenStack by producing a
    set of python libraries containing infrastructure code shared by
    OpenStack projects. The APIs provided by these libraries should be
    high quality, stable, consistent and generally applicable.

But for wholly new code, that sounds like you need to introduce
copy-and-paste technical debt before it can be considered in scope for
Oslo :)

Cheers,
Mark.