[openstack-dev] Draft Mission statement for tripleo

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Jul 9 00:05:11 UTC 2013

I thought I would get some input on a draft statement before submitting one
for the TC to vote on.

We're very focused on using OpenStack components in the delivery as much as
possible - growing the capabilities of OpenStack rather than working around
things; so I've captured that in the mission statement. While we're focused
on trunk deploys today, I think that is more tactical than mission-level :
we'd be totally happy to work with releases (as well) should interested
people want to step up and help maintain stable branches of the tripleo
heat templates etc.

So - here is the draft:

Official Title: OpenStack Deployment
PTL: Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net>
Mission Statement:
  Develop and maintain the tooling and infrastructure needed to
  deploy OpenStack in production, using OpenStack itself wherever
  possible.

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist