[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Service Type Framework implementation

Eugene Nikanorov enikanorov at mirantis.com
Mon Jul 8 19:22:59 UTC 2013

Hi neutron folks,

There has been a discussion around this patch
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/29750/ that introduces configuration
options and db table for storing service providers.

The discussion is about whether we should store configuration in the db or
not.
The brief of discussion has been saved here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1v0nLTEsFOwWeYpYjpw4qe3QHB5lLZEE_b0TmmR5b7ic/edit#slide=id.gefc32ecf_00
Please share your thoughts on this.

While we may continue to discuss the best approach to this, I'd like to see
the patch to be committed first (it seems to be ready) as there are other
features depending on it (NSX distributed
router<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/36065/>,
lbaas, fwaas and vpnaas possibly).

Thanks,
Eugene.