[openstack-dev] [neutron] [ml2] Review of OVS Agent Changes Document

Kyle Mestery (kmestery) kmestery at cisco.com
Fri Jul 5 18:46:31 UTC 2013

Folks:

I've written up some design notes [1] on the changes I'm making to the OVS Agent, with the end result being something which functions with both the existing standalone OVS Plugin, as well as in the context of ML2 where we can support multiple plugins and tunneling technologies concurrently. This came out of the review for the "tunnel_types" change [2]. Please review and provide feedback. I'm going to go all the way in the review mentioned here and deprecate "enable_tunneling" in the server, and and pass down the tunnel_type from server to agent, and validate this on the agent itself.

Thanks!
Kyle

[1] https://docs.google.com/a/mestery.com/document/d/1NT3JVn2lNk_Hp7lP7spc3ysWgSyHa4V0pYELAiePD1s/edit#heading=h.4grgudkj8ei3
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/33107/