[openstack-dev] [Oslo] Bringing audit standards to Openstack

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Jul 5 08:42:25 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 04 2013, Gordon Chung wrote:

Hi Gordon,

> initially, we drafted this to be part of Ceilometer but as we've worked
> through it, we've noticed it is applicable in multiple projects. during the
> course of our discussions with Keystone developers to assure we were
> recording the correct data for audit, we found that Keystone itself had a
> blueprint to add notifications and log audit data for their APIs:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/notifications.

I imagine the storage part can still go trough Ceilometer?

> i thought i'd present this on the mailing list to gather feedback on the
> idea of adopting CADF and discuss possibly its inclusion in Oslo so that
> all the projects can use the same open standard when capturing events.

I think it would be interesting to compile your need in term of
potential notifications format evolution. The current format is very
(and too?) free, and I imagine it could be a pain to handle the large
amount of different notifications sent. It is already painful for
Ceilometer, and I'm pretty sure it'll for such thing too.

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker ; freelance consultant