[openstack-dev] Fwd: Chalenges with highly available service VMs

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Jul 4 21:42:30 UTC 2013

Seems like a tweak would be to identify virtual IPs as separate to the
primary IP on a port:
 you don't need to permit spoofing of the actual host IP for each host in
the HA cluster; you just need to permit spoofing of the virtual IP. This
would be safer than disabling the spoofing rules, and avoid configuration
errors such as setting the primary IP of one node in the cluster to be a
virtual IP on another node - neutron would reject that as the primary IP
would be known as that.

-Rob

Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist