[openstack-dev] Work around DB in OpenStack (Oslo, Nova, Cinder, Glance)

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Jul 3 06:34:09 UTC 2013

I've been working on testing database migrations against real data
sets for the last few weeks. I haven't had a chance to document it
very well yet though -- there's a blog post being drafted at the
moment.

If you go to http://openstack.stillhq.com/ci you can see the results
of tests run against three real mysql databases -- two manually
created trivial databases and a real user database from a mid-sized
deployment. I'd like to add other database backends and sample user
databases, but this is a work in progress.

Any patch against nova which changes or adds a database migration is
run through these tests.

So far this work has found two bugs in migrations.

Michael