[openstack-dev] [nova] Nova API extensions NOT to be ported to v3

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Tue Jul 2 11:24:57 UTC 2013

On 1 July 2013 15:49, Andrew Laski <andrew.laski at rackspace.com> wrote:
> On 07/01/13 at 11:23am, Mauro S M Rodrigues wrote:
>> One more though, about os-multiple-create: I was also thinking to remove
>> it, I don't see any real advantage to use it since it doesn't offer any kind
>> of flexibility like chose different flavors, images and other attributes. So
>> anyone creating multiple servers would probably prefer an external
>> automation tool instead of multiple server IMHO.
>>
>> So anyone using it? There are a good reason to keep it? Did I miss
>> something about this extension?
>
> I would like to see this extension go away, but only by a small margin.
> Just because it complicates the boot/spawn workflow a bit, which really
> isn't a big deal.

I am +1 for not moving os-multiple-create into v3.

I think this work is a better way to look at spawning multiple VMs:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/instance-group-api-extension

The CLI can then get updated so users are still able to spawn multiple
VMs in a nice way.

Heat, presumably, will control this, eventually.

John