[openstack-dev] HP OpenStack Stress Test Tool

David Kranz dkranz at redhat.com
Mon Jul 1 19:41:27 UTC 2013

Thanks, Terry. Tempest would be a great place for stress tests. There
has already been some work on Tempest stress tests and there is
currently a blueprint
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/stress-tests and some code
https://github.com/openstack/tempest/tree/master/tempest/stress. This
code is a more general driver that does things similar to what you have
and includes things like checking logs for errors. There is a case for
volumes but more simple than your scenario. The idea was that more
stress scenarios could be provided in that framework. I suggest you look
at that code and the blueprint and let us know what you think.

This discussion would probably be better held just on the qa list.
Looking forward to your input.

  -David